How effective are your safeguarding arrangements?
Leaders in Safeguarding provides quality assurance and specialist support, advice, training and scrutiny of safeguarding arrangements in education, health, social care and leisure settings.
We take seriously the statutory and moral duty that exists to protect, safeguard and promote the health and wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Whether you work in a nursery, school, college or youth club, run an out of school club or sports activity, if you work in health or social care, we recognise your role in meeting the safeguarding needs of those engaging with your service.
Leaders in Safeguarding will help you to attain high standards and validate the steps you take to keep others as safe as possible.
Our team of experts from the fields of education, health, social care and statutory inspection will help you ensure a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults by:
- providing specialist and experienced consultants to audit and scrutinise your safeguarding arrangements, systems and practice
- supporting you to develop dynamic safeguarding action plans
- improving safeguarding policy and practice within your organisation
- helping you prepare for statutory inspection via pre-inspection safeguarding health checks
- delivering first class training in safeguarding and Prevent that equips staff with the knowledge and skills to raise awareness of the risks of radicalisation and extremism in schools and colleges
- helping you to write critical incident plans for schools, colleges, health, social care or leisure settings
- ensuring policies, systems and practices are up-to-date and effective in dealing with bomb threats in schools, colleges, health, social care and leisure settings
- providing support with implementing the Prevent duty in colleges, schools etc. and conduct Prevent risk assessments in education
- facilitating workshops to raise awareness of Prevent (WRAP) for colleges
- supporting you with annual safeguarding audits
- helping with annual ‘safeguarding children and young adults reports’ to governors
- advising on safeguarding documentation for education, health, social care, sports and leisure industry
- scrutinising safeguarding and e-safety policies in education, health and leisure settings
- advising on anti-bullying policy for education
- advising on health action plans for schools, colleges and clubs
- providing training and support for designated safeguarding lead and designated safeguarding officers
- ensuring effective governance arrangements in safeguarding and child protection
- advising on information sharing and accountability in child protection and safeguarding
- scrutinising ‘whistleblowing’ arrangements in child care and schools, colleges and health and social care and recommending improvement where appropriate
Organisations reaching our Standard will receive the Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark.
The Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
“We’re delighted to have been awarded this accolade by the Leaders in Safeguarding,” said Julie Asher-Smith, JTL’s Human Resources director. “It’s fantastic to receive external validation of our continuing effort that says we do things properly here at JTL and do everything we can to ensure that the young people we work with are receiving the levels of safeguarding every day that an organisation like ours should be providing.”
The leaders in safeguarding audit was a comprehensive and supportive assessment that has allowed Babington Group to further enhance our safeguarding controls for our learners, employers and colleagues. We are delighted that Babington Group have been awarded the prestigious Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark. This is testament to the continued hard work and commitment shown by all colleagues at Babington, who are all fully committed to ensuring our safeguarding practices are at the very highest standards. We are highly committed to keeping all our learners and colleagues safe and of course our young people and vulnerable adults.Babington Group October 2017