Leaders in Safeguarding recognises your role in ensuring the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We take seriously the statutory and moral duty that exists to protect and promote the wellbeing of individuals accessing health, education and social care provision by providing:
- Scrutiny of safeguarding systems and practice
- Policy development and practical advice
- Expert consultants and First Class training
- Support and challenge to improve quality
- Reassurance that children and vulnerable adults remain safe
- The Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark
What we do
Our approved safeguarding consultants visit organisations to assess the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements. This involves close examination of recruitment, training, policies and procedures as well as observation of day to day practice and routine.
A full audit is conducted and a detailed report is produced.
Once this has been completed the safeguarding consultant presents their assessment and report to the Leaders in Safeguarding scrutiny and validation panel for approval.
The Leaders in Safeguarding panel consists of expert professionals from health, education, social care and statutory inspection sectors.
Organisations meeting statutory requirements and the Leaders in Safeguarding Standard are approved for the Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark.