How effective are your safeguarding arrangements?
COVID-19 – Are you confident you have taken the necessary steps to ensure you have the appropriate measures in place for re-opening?
This briefing provides guidance and support to ensure your organisation is COVID-19 aware.
Date and time: Wed 27 May 2020 10:30 to 11:30
It looks at the latest advice on managing the risks from COVID-19 and how to keep your staff and learners safe. The briefing is useful for all staff in schools and the FE and Skills sector, including senior managers, designated safeguarding leads and support staff.
Leaders in Safeguarding provides quality assurance and specialist support, advice, training and scrutiny of safeguarding arrangements in education, health, social care and leisure settings.
We take seriously the statutory and moral duty that exists to protect, safeguard and promote the health and wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Whether you work in a nursery, school, college or youth club, run an out of school club or sports activity, if you work in health or social care, we recognise your role in meeting the safeguarding needs of those engaging with your service.
We will help you to attain high standards and validate the steps you take to keep others as safe as possible.
Our team of experts from the fields of education, health, social care and statutory inspection will help you ensure a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults by:
- providing specialist and experienced consultants to audit and scrutinise your safeguarding arrangements, systems and practice
- supporting you to develop dynamic safeguarding action plans
- improving safeguarding policy and practice within your organisation
- helping you prepare for statutory inspection via pre-inspection safeguarding health checks
- delivering first class training in safeguarding and Prevent that equips staff with the knowledge and skills to raise awareness of the risks of radicalisation and extremism in schools and colleges
- helping you to write critical incident plans for schools, colleges, health, social care or leisure settings
- ensuring policies, systems and practices are up-to-date and effective in dealing with bomb threats in schools, colleges, health, social care and leisure settings
- providing support with implementing the Prevent duty in colleges, schools etc. and conduct Prevent risk assessments in education
- facilitating workshops to raise awareness of Prevent (WRAP) for colleges
- supporting you with annual safeguarding audits
- helping with annual ‘safeguarding children and young adults reports’ to governors
- advising on safeguarding documentation for education, health, social care, sports and leisure industry
- scrutinising safeguarding and e-safety policies in education, health and leisure settings
- advising on anti-bullying policy for education
- advising on health action plans for schools, colleges and clubs
- providing training and support for designated safeguarding lead and designated safeguarding officers
- ensuring effective governance arrangements in safeguarding and child protection
- advising on information sharing and accountability in child protection and safeguarding
- scrutinising ‘whistleblowing’ arrangements in child care and schools, colleges and health and social care and recommending improvement where appropriate
Organisations reaching our Standard will receive the Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark.
Our quality mark demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
“We’re very pleased to have achieved the Leaders in Safeguarding accolade, which recognises the strong support in place for our learners. Lifetime has focused on learner support to ensure all barriers are removed for our learners to achieve their apprenticeship. We have an ongoing development programme for our safeguarding team, and actively engage with external networks to ensure our safeguarding knowledge and experience is industry leading. The feedback from learners is the support they have received has been life-changing, which demonstrates the importance of rigorous safeguarding.”
Angela Maguire-Lewis, Lifetime’s Quality Director
(L to R) Lifetime CEO Alex Khan, Health and Safety and Welfare Manager Michelle Kent, and Quality Director Angela Maguire-Lewis.
The leaders in safeguarding audit was a comprehensive and supportive assessment that has allowed Babington Group to further enhance our safe-guarding controls for our learners, employers and colleagues. We are delighted that Babington Group have been awarded the prestigious Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark. This is testament to the continued hard work and commitment shown by all colleagues at Babington, who are all fully committed to ensuring our safeguarding practices are at the very highest standards. We are highly committed to keeping all our learners and colleagues safe and of course our young people and vulnerable adults.
“We’re delighted to have been awarded this accolade by the Leaders in Safeguarding,” said Julie Asher-Smith, JTL’s Human Resources director. “It’s fantastic to receive external validation of our continuing effort that says we do things properly here at JTL and do everything we can to ensure that the young people we work with are receiving the levels of safeguarding every day that an organisation like ours should be providing.”